Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Filipino Hospitality


Randy Santiago singing one of his songs to my friend Pauline during her last day here in Manila. The truth is, it was Gladdis' bright idea to give that paper to one of the waiters who handed it over to Randy. Well, my contribution was including Pauline's name in the tissue paper to make sure that Randy will search for her in the audience. =) It was sooo funny when Pauline had a feeling that we were up to something, as she kept on telling us "IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE"..next thing we knew Randy was reading the paper and asking, "Where's Pauline?" When he came over to our table Gladdis admitted that she just wanted to have her picture with him. After the photo sessions, Randy asked Pauline to come up to the stage so he could sing one of his songs. After 2 songs, Pauline went back to our table and promised both me and Gladdis that she'll get back at us once we get to Scotland! ;- ) We tried to get her drunk but karma caught up with us so quickly. I thought I was touring 2 British Girls as I could hear the change in the way Gladdis is speaking to Pauline! Bloody accent! Hope she remembers this night along with the Tarsiers which she called Tarquis in her postcards! =) The tricycle driver who thought I was a Korean and kept on speaking to us in English, until I opened my mouth and said, "Manong, sa Inquirer po". My friends who tried to scare her by describing Sisig as Monkey's Brain. And of course the song "Leaving on the Jetplane which I think is a favourite among the Boholanos. I made sure that she'll remember my beloved country by buying her a pack of Choknut and Flat tops, The Pinoy Big Brother Soundtrack, An OPM CD and MYMP's 2 CD Collection. I never knew I am capable of being a tourist guide, but hey! You'll never know until you try!