Thursday, September 21, 2006

IRIS

I look in the mirror,
Can he see what I see?
I see a whole bunch of flaws.
I see so many flaws that I see no beauty.
I see insecurity.
I wonder if he sees it?
I see a scared little child
Hiding behind a paper-thin wall of courage.
A wall I feel, with the slightest gust of wind,
Will fall down and expose the timid child behind it.
If only he knows how paranoid I become in his presence,
How inferior I feel.
But for some strange reason, at times,
I don't think he sees it.
He doesn't know how my heart races when he looks at me.
What is he saying in his mind?
These are the thoughts that I think.
I wish I had an invisible cloak
I would use it to hide myself from him.
He's so wonderful, but I don't think he would ever look at me in that way.
I talk and laugh with him
But my fear and insecurity are hidden behind a big smile.
However, he seems to accept me.
He seems to like me.
Could there ever be a chance of love?
But can't he see how scared I am?
What does he see?